Saturday, January 22, 2005

Spongebob and Patrick are gay? HA!

I'm still laughing at the religious right group that says the Spongebob Squarepants show promotes homosexuality. My kids and I watch this all the time (after all, there's some jokes in there that go over the kids' heads for grown-ups). After watching every episode several times I can assure you there is no message that promotes homosexuality unless you really let your imagination run away with you. In one show, the two of them raise an orphaned clam. Spongebob acts like a mother while Patrick assumes a father role. Play acting like kids would do. And they made the episode funny, with each complaining about all the work he's doing while the other doesn't do enough. But no hint of sex of any kind. Just work. This is no different than an episode of The Three Stooges I saw once when the three found an abandoned baby and took care of it until the mother was found. I can't recall anyone saying they were all having a big gay orgy or something, they were just doing something three friends would do.

This sicko group is just looking for publicity and sadly, they got it.

I understand that gays enjoy the Spongebob show so they can imagine the two are a gay couple. They're inferring something that isn't there and imagining taking the friendship of the two onto a different level. If that's what they want to do, that's OK.

It kinda reminds me of the people who claimed Dr. Smith and Will on Lost in Space were a gay couple. What utter nonsense! Anyone who watched the entire series knows that Will's father, John Robinson, was too busy as a scientist to spend any time doing things with his son. Smith needed a friend and Will needed a father figure (albeit, Smith - as a coward - wasn't the best person for that).

And as far as Jonathon Harris (who played Smith) goes, he may have acted prissy but I'd seriously doubt he was gay. When he died in 2002, his wife Gertrude was by his side. If I remember right they had been married for something like 40 or 50 years.

Seems like some people with a wild imagination look at two males on T.V. and if they aren't married they assume they've GOT to be having sex with each other even when nothing is suggested. If the show isn't about sex, why do they have to be having sex with anyone ? After all, it's a T.V. show......not reality.

The funniest thing about the Spongebob Squarepants show is, if any more attention was given to Spongebob and his squirrel friend Sandy - a girl - this same group would be accusing the show's creators of pushing straight sex onto and among children.

2 Comments:

At 6/2/06 2:20 PM, Blogger Ia Iowa House Cleaning said...

Creative blog.  I thought it was the best site out
and we had to go back to it! Every chance I get on the
net I search for blogs just like your site.
Once you sign on, check for my co colorado house cleaning blog.

 
At 22/11/08 1:58 AM, Blogger ian said...

Dude, how fucking gay are you? You watched every episode several times? What the FUCK! The very fact that you took time out of your limited life to write in defense of this horrific imbecilic child's cartoon is pathetic. Frankly, I'm disgusted... you're weakened appearence sickens me to my core, the knowledge that there are grown adults willing to waste away their ridiculously short lives on "Spongbob Squarepants" is just plain appalling. More like: "spongbob fuckmeintheasspants" if you ask me. Anyways...you should go put some ice on that burn I just gave you for I am done here.........you have failed at life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home